Wednesday, 30 January 2013

Another Handfull

As I previously mentioned, I've been working on small jerkbaits recently for use with my light baitcaster, although its not the best time of year for it, I can't wait to give these a go in the warmer months!
I've just finished another batch and I'm really liking and enjoying the direction they are taking me. Its a good thing when you are full of ideas and cannot get on with things quick enough.



First up are some I did in a bright pattern, again I'm still experimenting with abit of carving and i really like the simplicity of the 3D carved cheek detail on these ones, nothing too fancy but just a suggestion of detail.


 
The next ones were another go at carving gill detail and laying foil over, I really like these ones and the foil runs right down the body so they will give off allot of flash.
 


 
I did these ones alongside the carved/foiled ones above but wanted to do the same 'minnow' colouration but by spraying gills etc with stencils

 
And last up is a few 5cm 7.5g cranks I did ready for the summer chub, these are shallow running and have a very fast wobble when retrieved. When i get round to making my own tiny rattles these should really make allot of noise with rattles inside.





 
 
 

4 comments:

  1. Great stuff matt have you recived your new rod yet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rab, yes I did, if you look at the post before and after this one, you will see it ;)

    Cheers

    MAtt

    ReplyDelete