Wednesday, 12 December 2012

A Blend of Hotcore and Stripper Thong...

I've done allot of natural patterns in the past and feel quite accomplished at these now so wanted to go all out and try some wacky stuff for a change.

The first thing I wanted to try was a 'blend' of colours overlaid with scales so the colours become merged but still visible in there own right. So i went for a blend of purple back, red tail and yellow belly, which when overlaid with the scales kind of merges together to give an all in one effect. certain colours come through at different angles to others.

The next thing I wanted to try was a jerkbait finish version of a 'hotcore' pike fly pattern, this is basically when a hot inner core is just visible through outer layers of material. So for the spray version I tried having a hotcore that would glow through the scales in the same way as the effect of the lure above. I'm happy with the finish but i think I'd like another go at it to get what i really wanted as the hot core doesn't show through enough which was my intention.

And finally I was going to do a bait fish pattern with foiled cheeks but thought I'd just do something completely different so just picked up random colours and thought I'd over lay it with a stencil pattern. In the end it just reminds me of a 'strippers thong' for some reason, maybe it will prove as lucky!

No comments:

Post a Comment