Sunday 25 January 2015

An awesome session ended early.

Typical isn't it, you have a full day to go fishing and you struggle, but when you have the odd hour here or there you bag up! But every now and then you get those bag up days all day, well yesterday should have been one of those but even then It didn't go right.
Basically i wasn't supposed to be going fishing and wasn't too bothered to be honest, but something at the back of my mind said i should get out while the rivers are decent because when you plan to fish they will be knackered again! As i was thinking of going my Mother phones to say she has to wait in all day for a delivery so i could drop the kids off, get in! I stick the fly gear in the car as my bag was already set up from my last session with fly gear and it was already getting on for dinner time so just thought I'd enjoy a bit of PFF.

It started off great with 3 pike in the first 5 casts and it was looking like it was my turn to land on a venue fishing well with lots of hungry pike to be had. I started to get action in every available swim with fish banked and missed takes. Sometimes your not bothered missing takes and loosing fish as it all adds to the action and excitement. This was great fun and just what i needed, however just as i was settling into some much needed winter sport i could feel a headache coming on, it got worse and within an hour and a halves fishing i was starting to feel worse for wear. I nearly threw up my head was insane with pain (checking out me with a rap..innit). It was too much to bear feeling i was going to pass out so had to call it a day. I could not believe my luck after banking 11 fish in such a short space of time at this time of year, with the possibilities of carrying on the action and i had to cut it short, such bad luck! I enjoyed the flurry of fish i did manage though so it was still worth the unexpected opportunity to fish.


I fished one of my new and improved flash flies, i love this fly and i had a few suggestions from my mate Martin from MScustomFlies on how to improve it further. One thing it was missing was a wider more natural profile, this was lost as i like to nip my eyes on hard with epoxy to make them bomb proof but in doing so i flattened the profile. Marts suggestions improved this however and i even incorporated a rattle.





9 comments:

  1. 3 pike in 5 casts is some going, well in

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the fish fly! It looks awesome. Your catch is quite impressive, too. Nice post! Check out the link: http://www.yelp.com/biz/aquatech-aquarium-service-culver-city

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm just in fishing. It must have been fun learning from pros.

    Something about Fishing Hawaii

    ReplyDelete
  4. That lure is so awesome and look so realistic! Round Rock Tow Truck service

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your bait looks so cool and attractive to fish. Good joB! Look at Alaska Fishing Lodges information

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great event! Hope people would participate and yes it is for a cause. Look at Affordable Concrete Cutting

    ReplyDelete